1. God loves you
John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
2. We are all sinners
Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
What is Sin?
1 John 3:4 says, “Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.”
God’s law is given in the Ten Commandments:
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness.
10. Thou shalt not covet [desire that which is unlawful to obtain or possess; desire what belongs to another].
James 2:10 says, “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.”
3. The penalty for sin is death and hell
Romans 6:23 says, “For the wages of sin is death…”
Revelation 21:8 says, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Jesus paid the penalty
Romans 5:8 says, “But God commendeth [showed] his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
Romans 6:23 says, “…but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
5. Jesus was raised bodily from the grave
Hebrews 7:25 says, “Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.”
If you believe these truths from the Bible and if you want to be set free from sin, call upon the Lord Jesus Christ and ask Him to save you. In order to be set free from sin, you must repent of your sins and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
Luke 13:3 says, “…except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.”
• Repentance is that voluntary change in the mind of the sinner in which he turns from his sin.
• Belief is that voluntary change in the mind of the sinner in which he turns to Christ and trusts Him as Lord and Saviour.
6. Jesus Christ will save you if you call upon Him
Romans 10:9, 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved…For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you ask Christ into your life and trust Him alone as your Saviour, He has promised to give you eternal life.
John 1:12 says, “But as many as received him, to them gave he the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.”
If you have any questions or if we can help you in any way, please contact our church office at (818) 340-6131.